What is the IMP Training Program?
Who can apply and who is it for?
- Film school graduate looking for their first break in VFX.
- Or a junior artist with a passion for VFX who aren’t afraid of hard work.
- Strong Computer Literacy
- Ability to Research Problems
- Appreciation of Aesthetics
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Disciplined and meticulous attention to detail
- Filmmaking Experience a plus
Where will the training happen?
Ideally the training will happen at our offices. The structure of the training is flexible depending on your level of experience and commitment and remote training is possible.
What will you learn?
- Camera Tracking
- Blue and Greenscreen Keying and Shooting
- Grading and Colour Timing
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Texturing
- 3D Shading lighting and Rendering
- On Set Shoot Supervision
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Blackmagic Design Fusion – Compositing Package
- The Foundry NukeX – Compositing Package
- Blender – 3D Modeling Package
- Autodesk Maya – Modeling and Animation Package
- ChaosGroup Vray – Rendering Package
- Blackmagic Design Resolve – Colour Grading package
- Freelancing in the VFX industry with new skillset.
- Paying provisional income tax as a freelancer.
- Creating a CV and showreel to find permanent employment or freelance work.
- Mentorship to create new companies.
Feedback from previous trainees:
“The amount of learning that happens every time I engage with the men and women of Inspired Minority is unquantifiable. Being able to work amongst these creatives while studying has helped me so much, and being able to earn money while studying and doing what I love is just heaven…”
– Megan Bagshaw
“I learnt more at IMP than I could imagine in a 2 year time span, being exposed to all fields of Visual Effects, learning new and innovative techniques and having the chance to do great work with great artists.”
– Shamiel Rinquest
“IMP was really considerate and made me feel welcome and they wanted to help me expand and improve my skills […] They have greatly helped me build my confidence in my skills as a Junior Compositing Artist and have given me the opportunity to get my foot in door of the Visual Effects Industry.”
– Raymond Volker